10/10/2007

what does it take to be a good translator?

i love doing translation work, and i have studied in this field for almost a decade. and sometimes i still don't think my learning is sufficient for me to be a worthy translator. while i am doing my translation job in the company, i keep thinking are there other possibilities that i can refine my translation skills? the answer might be fuzzy, since the only way i can think of is practice. and practice makes perfect, isn't it? no so, after i reflect all these years in the field.
what does it take to be a good translator? personality does matter.and the most important thing is not to consider myself as a translator, rather i should pretend as a students in the university of society. yes, learning is the key to be a better translator, but keep learning is what it takes to be good at playing with words.



Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: