10/18/2007

the worms in my head

what a lovely morning that i love. the sun is not as hot as in the summer, and not so cold as in the winter. it is what i called a vacation sunshine. bathing in the sunshine brings me back to Prague, where i spent two weeks traveling around some cities. i was in the Old Town Square, breathing the Prague air and a little coldness into my lungs. the dove were just flying by and the street cleaners were beginning to clean up the street. the pebble paved roads are easy to be walked on. and they always gave me a sense walking into the ancient times. i picked up a pebble and shoved it into my pocket. i specially chose the pebble it was located right before the Franz Kafka Museum on the corner of the square. i sensed the weight of the pebble in my pcoket and i felt this morning has become even more precious because of the pebble. the connection among me, the pebble, Prague, and Kafka has made me remember the morning.
i walked off back to the apartment i rented for the two weeks' visit. it was a small but really functional unit. i brushed my teeth and drew the curtain, putting the pebble over my head closet. i got too early, and it was time for a makeup sleep.
i slept tightly, curled up in the bed. the wind blew open the door, i got up to close it. as i turned,strangely, i noticed that the pebble had gone. i went searching for it and looked all over, but only in vain. i wanted to give and go back to sleep. after all the pebble wouldn't flee away, it doesn't have feet. i lied down, yawning and stretched my legs. as i prepared to close my eyes, i noticed that the pebble was atop the closet how strange? i didn't notice. but even more stranger was that it began to move. just like a transformer robot, the pebble stretched out its legs and tail! i narrowed my eyes and wonder what the pebble would become. was it a worm? but suddenly it jumped in the air and hit my head.
i woke up in sweat. it was a dream, but a realistic one. i turned around the see the pebble in full suspension. but there it was, it was right there. i grabbed the pebble and threw it into my backpack. i shouted at it and then later, went to sleep.


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: